Saturday, December 19, 2009

Secrets.

We all have them. Many of us have secrets that we’ve never told a soul. Some of us have secrets that only a select few know about. Lately it seems that I’ve been acquiring a lot of… information in my life that I can’t tell anyone, or that I can tell one person, but not another.

With counseling there is a lot that I’m discovering about my personality, relationships, spirituality, etc. that I don’t really feel I can share with anyone… mostly because no one is asking. But also because things are sticky and I’m trying to process them. I wish I had someone besides my counselor to help me process everything, but as it stands I don’t. Or, at least as it currently stands, I’m not allowing myself to have anyone to help me through this.

Do you have a secret you can’t share with anyone?

To some degree I think it’s silly to hide things from those we love. If they really love us, and we really love them shouldn’t we share our hearts? But right now, I’m thinking that sometimes my heart is too fragile to share.

God give me strength. And may You search my heart for anything offensive, know me deeply, do not let me hide or run.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I think that we should definitely be open with those we love, but there's a time to share and a time, well, not to.

I know that I have, not necessarily what I would call secrets, but things in my life and my past that I don't feel comfortable sharing until God and I have worked it out a bit first.

I find that as God works in me and helps me to understand those things in my life, He brings me opportunities to share with others. :o)

Stephanie said...

Well, what is it? What are you thinking? You know I'm always interested.

åslaug abigail said...

I like this post =) Sorry for not stopping by, in a great loooong while. I love the patchwork thing on the sides of this blog.

Sharing secrets, is wonderfully freeing, experiencing that you're fully loved, with no conditions, from someone who KNOWS, is thrilling. But there's a time, a way, and a person...

åslaug abigail